The kids were outside just playing when it hit! Summer rainstorms come so quickly and hard. They danced and played in the rain.
When they got cold they would stand in the gutter. The water in the gutter was warm from the hot cement!

This is such a fun memory I have as a child.
My neighbor got caught handing out fliers for primary! So he sought refuge in the garage.
My little man trying to have a sword fight with the rain.
Warming up!
Oh, I love the smell of rain on a hot day!
I agree. It's kinda fun having that sudden rain storm hit on a hot summery day. There's just something about it. In fact, it hit right as Meg was walking home from a friends. When I looked out the window she was sitting in the middle of the road crying because the water kept making her shoes slide off. I of course had to run out and move her. SHe sometimes forgets that cars actually drive down the road.
ReplyDeleteIt was great seeing you the other day. My kids had a great time. I guess I will see you soon.
We love it too. I remember doing it as a child. Where do you guys live?
ReplyDelete