Ruth went to first grade this year. Need I say anymore?
That little face steels my heart!
Ruth goes to the same school that I went to when I was young. When we got there I realized that she is in the exact same classroom I was for second grade. That seemed to ease her nerves a bit. She had been saying all summer that she wasn't too excited for first grade. If you know her at all that doesn't sound like her. I thought it was coming from my protesting of her going. I kept telling her I wasn't so sure about this whole growing up business. When we got to school and she looked into the classroom to see familiar faces, she was cured! I realized in that moment she was nervous that she wouldn't know anyone. Well, problem solved. At least, for her, anyway. I still look at my clock every 20 minutes after 1:00 wondering if it is time to go get her. I am glad she is liking it. I will adjust.
Go get'em Ruth!
Randi, I honestly teared up seeing little Ruth all ready for first grade. It just can't be. What is happening? I am remembering meeting Ruth when she was a couple months old. She is so beautiful. We are all growing up and growing older. We miss you guys!
ReplyDelete