I was trying to get a naked Jack dressed. (Don't ask why he was naked. That's a whole other story) I had set Ruby down on the bed so that I could assist Jack. He was jumpin', and hollerin', and goofin' around. As you all know me, it was driving me crazy! Come on kid just hold still so I can get you dressed, put you down for a nap, and have a diet coke, were my thoughts. Well, he was just a laughing, when all a sudden I heard another laugh coming from someone else. It was one of those little belly laughs that are so contagious. It was Ruby!! I said to Jack, "Ruby is laughing with you!" He thought that was so great he kept laughing, and so did she! Wow, she has NOT done that yet! It was so fun to hear her laugh and know that she was laughing and playing with Jack.
Lesson learned: Don't rush through everything and be so tightly wound that you miss out on a little laughter with your kids! The diet coke will still be there and it will taste wonderful after a good ol' laugh!.
Thanks Ruby and Jack for loosening up your old mom;)
You didn't tell me that....
ReplyDelete