Thursday, October 22, 2009

Seizing an opportunity

Today I did something a little out of the ordinary, and I want to remember it. Ruby fell asleep in my arms today. This is nothing new she is only 4 1/2 months old. I went to put her down in her bed; I had a list FULL of things to do! Getting in the shower was one of them. As I went to lay her down I glanced at my sweet little girl, and I thought, "hold her for a minute, she won't sleep in your arms for much longer." Time with an infant is fleeting! Anyway, I did. I sat down in my rocking chair and held her. I started thinking about who this little girl will be. Will she be sweet like her sister, or funny like Hank? Maybe she will be a fire pistol like Jack. Who knows what she will be, but she will always be mine. I am so thankful to be a mom, and I am even more grateful for the inspiration to sit down and enjoy them! That didn't come from me. Thanks to my Father in Heaven for that! I wanted to document this event so that 10 years from now when the sound of a baby crying will not come from this house I can sit down and read this post and know that I held her when I had the chance! Life is busy, and I rarely slow down to appreciate anything! Today, I appreciate little ones that I can snuggle close and kiss! Today, I seized an opportunity...

3 comments:

  1. Randi...I was on Niki's blog and saw your name on the top of her list. I don't know if your husband told you, but it was so fun to see him conducting at Bryson William's baptism a few weeks ago. I only remember meeting him at your house at one of our first Ragnar meetings, but I remembered his name and had to ask if you were his wife...anyway it was fun to see him and to hear how you and your family are doing. Your family is beautiful!! I love what you wrote today about holding your Ruby...and that you took the time to record your thoughts...you will never regret that. As a mom, I am constantly trying to create memories and experiences with my kids so I (hopefully) don't look back and have any regrets! Thanks for sharing your sweet thoughts. I'm glad I know you! Steph Sill

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! Life goes by way too fast, good for you to take the time and snuggle with your baby! She is such a cute little thing!

    ReplyDelete