Saturday, June 20, 2009

A great Companion for Eternity!

Happy Father's day, Colin!
Since I have had Ruby I have been a little sentimental.  I am extremely sentimental about Colin this Father's Day.  When I fell head or heals in love with him I had no idea what he really was and could become!  He is an amazing father.  As I think about the birth of each of our children and how it has shaped us the thing I draw on the most is the fact that we are in this together. What a great companion I have found in him!  Thank you.

I am so grateful for the person that he is helping and pushing me to become.  I have always been a pretty happy-go-lucky type, and he think's deeply.  I am very grateful for that perspective. I think I know myself better because of him, and I know I know the Lord better because of what we have shared together.  His perspective is good for me.
There is so much that he does for me that goes unnoticed.  

This man changes diapers, wrestles, plays soccer in the backyard till he sweats, takes EVERY kid from here to Timbuktu to go swimming, coaches soccer, serves the Lord, works, 60 hour weeks, vacuums, go on late night craving runs with me, loves any bakery, dances (i don't need to say much more than that about dancing!), he is a big kid, teaches the kids, makes me breakfast in bed for Mother's day!  He is perfect!...for me!

Thanks Colin, I love you, and I love what fun and excitement you bring to my life!  Thanks for this little family and an eternity of fun!


1 comment:

  1. And it all started in French class... I love him too!

    ReplyDelete