Saturday, June 20, 2009

Always a Daddy's girl!

Ode to my Daddy on Father's Day...
Although I will always be in debt to my selfless mother, their is a special place in my heart and life for my Dad.  He is one of the greatest men I know.  He is strong, funny, handsome, kind, caring, fiercely loyal, smart(sometimes too smart!), ambitious, hard-working, and all mine!  I have great memories of him as I think back through the years.  Here are some highlights:
  • When I turned 16 he took me on my first date to the Mikado!
  • My soccer coach for Lady Lightning
  • He took me to instacare to get stitches, even though I begged for my mom to take me, I am glad that he was there!  (Dad, do you even remember that?)
  • He bought me a car for Christmas and wrapped it in a big red bow!  Every girls dream!
  • He took me on a week long trip to England, and he had to send me home all by myself!  I was 16.  He gave me a kiss on the cheek when he dropped me at the airport and the lady who was going to make sure that I got on the plane thought he was my boyfriend!!!  FUNNY!
  • He drove me all over cache county to take pictures for my County report.  He bought me a cache valley cheese mug that I dropped and broke on the way out of the factory!
  • He NEVER missed one game I cheered at.  That includes USU and all the traveling with the team.
  • He taught me to stick to something even though it isn't what you thought it would be and it isn't fun! (Junior year soccer)
Dad, you are amazing and the reason that I am such an amazing person, LOL!  But because of you I knew EXACTLY what I wanted in a husband.  Thanks!  I LOVE YOU!




No comments:

Post a Comment