Ruby has had a runny nose for a week now. The other morning she woke up with a scorching hot temp! (103.5!) So I made an appointment and went in for a visit. The doctor started out by saying that her lungs sound good. She moved to the ears where there was a "massive" ear infection. (Her words) Then she wanted to do an RSV test. After waiting the 15 minutes she said the test was inconclusive and that she "thought" Ruby had RSV. She gave me and antibiotic, and a charge to go to the suction clinic at Primary's. After I was on my way, I thought to myself, how could this possibly be RSV. She is eating, sleeping, happy, and NOT coughing. She was extremely congested, but the doctor said herself that her longs were clear. I decided, no way! And after a day of amoxicillian, we are on the mend. Sometimes, mothers know best. (But thank goodness for doctors who verge on the side of caution, especially with the weekend ahead:)
Needless to say we have spent may a hours in one of our favorites places this weekend!
LOVE IT!
No comments:
Post a Comment