The Reese family has some great candy recipes, and makers in it's history. My grandma is the BEST! She used to dip her own chocolates! Let's just say her fudge is to DIE for!...No really, I am not kidding. She has passed on some of her knowledge and it was time to pass it on to the newest Reese women. We had the best time. We even got Chanel and Emily to join us! We made a ton of candy. We probably used 20 lbs. of sugar, and 8 lbs. of BUTTER! Oh, my goodness. There is nothing like a bunch of Reese girls and homemade candy!
Just getting started.
We made 9 batches of tofee! Yummy! The best part was, one batch started to seperate, and The Toffee QUEEN (Ashlie) saved the batch. What can we say, No toffee left behind?!
Look at the mess that we made on the counter with the fudge! Chanel exclaimed, "Wow, you pour it on the counter?" (With a giggle) YES! You pour it on the counter when it is a piping 234∘. The best part is licking the spatula after you are finished.

We did name ourselves the "Candy Queens" I am definitely looking forward to next year! We are going to tackle some butter mints, and dipped chocolates!
YAHOO!
PS I really love you girls! I had a great time with you!
YUMMY!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love that last one of us. Thanks that was fun.
ReplyDelete