This year I love mother's day, not because I get pampered and get the BEST homemade gifts ever. I love mother's day because I get to think about my mom. This year I am extra reflective on what she has taught me about motherhood. It is something that I am passionate about. It brings me the most joy and happiness, AND stress. I have had a few experiences over the past couple months that make me happy for her example of motherhood. I want to live my life for my kids. I want to go to soccer camp, and drive them to piano lessons. I want to rock my last baby to sleep, and battle out homework with Jack. I want to stay up late worrying about why Hank can't sleep. I want to clean up barf, and be the one my kids want when their little world is not perfect. I don't want to do these things because that is what is wonderful and glamorous, I want to do these things because that is what my mom did, and this time with my kids will soon be gone forever. There will be time for lunch dates, and movie nights, and long vacations that really are relaxing, and "me" time. This is a little bit of a tyrant, but I feel strongly that I may miss out on the most rewarding and magical time of my life, if I am worried about how I "deserve" a break. My mom was the ultimate mother! She thought of herself never, and thought of us kids always. When we left her home she was lost, for awhile. Who cares, the time she had with us was fleeting and she made the most of it! I love you mommy! You are the best!
I will forever be grateful for your example of what a mother can be!


No comments:
Post a Comment