This time of year always makes me a bit sentimental. (I have to admit that there is A LOT of things that do that to me as I raise my children) It is time for Clytie Adams School of Ballet Recital! I participated in so many of those. As I sat there last night and watched the dancers, I thought about Ruth in the other auditorium watching a magician. The memories flooded my mind. I had a great childhood, one that I often think about. Last night made me miss moving, and performing like that. It really made me miss my ballet friends that I grew up with! Those were priceless days. I hope that Ruth will feel the same as she looks back...We'll see.
Last year there were so many dancers that the show sold out and parents couldn't see their kids dance. So this year there was two performances for each cast. That makes for one busy week. They are required to go to a two dress rehearsals, and then the two performances. I am really happy to announce that we survived a seek of recital and swim lessons. I am looking forward to a popsicle and my front porch:)
This year she was in the dance Lost Penny. I am not sure of the title, but she was darling, and I think she has the knack!
Nana and Ruth (I also need to note that George and Ash came to the recital! They are good sports and it means a lot to Ruth to have them there! Thanks)

Top to bottom: Maggie, Sara, Sarah, Ellie, and Ruth.
How fun! I hope that Anna enjoys dance one day. Ruth looks adorable as always!
ReplyDeleteI miss those days and I miss you too Randi. This one makes me want to cry! Just a DAY to be back in the studio would be awesome.
ReplyDelete