Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Nutcracker

The past two weeks have been spent shuttling Ruth to Nutcracker, EVERYDAY!! It has been fun, crazy, and a bit surreal. I got to go watch her very first performance and as I sat there and the lights went out and the music began...I cried. All the memories from my childhood came flooding back to me, and now I was sitting there to watch my BABY! I was so excited for her to have this experience. I is some of my fondest memories of my youth. To be able to dance with these professional dancers, and on such a big stage, there is nothing like this.

As the Mother Buffoon made her way on the stage the anticipation for me grew! I couldn't wait to see her come out from under that skirt. I was worried that it would be hard to tell which was her. Well, she did not disappoint. She can right out of the skirt did the "buffoon jump"(that is what we call it around here). I was so proud of her. She was beautiful. Way to go my little Ruthie. That is a moment that I will never forget. When she is old and left my home, I will remember when she was mine and I watched her shine on that stage for the first time! I hope she will have many more opportunities just like the one she had this year.

She and I are so lucky to have the support that we do. She had many loved ones come to watch her. It was such a highlight for her. After all the hard work, and practicing to have people that she loves come and watch her, was priceless. She wanted me to thank them all on my blog. She is so grateful for the support, and loves you all so dearly!

What a great experience for my "Baby Ruth" can you believe she is old enough to do that?
This was the night of her first performance. Her brothers were so proud, and they LOVED the show even more now that she was in it!
Here is a collection of flowers that she received. She got a special delivery backstage from her Daddy! Good thing her mom was there to order it for him:)

2 comments:

  1. What a great experience the Nutcracker was for me as well this year. I got to watch Ruth dance in the ballet for the first time, and I got to watch Anna experience the ballet for the first time. I have to admit that I cried a little too...simply because I wanted to dance again. By the way, if you happen to have a photo with my mom and me at the Nutcracker that night, would you mind emailing it to me? It was great to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Ruth!
    Oh how we wish we lived closer so we could come see you. Nataleigh and I would love it. I'm sure you were terrific. We can just picture you on stage: confident, smiling, and dancing so beautifully. "Break-A-Leg"!
    Love,
    The St.George Rasmussens

    ReplyDelete